- 1 white coffee filter per child
- Washable crayola markers (I learned the hard way and didn't use washable)
- Either. . 1 spraybottle or 1 eyedropper or cup for water
- 1 brown sheet of construction paper
- 1 colored sheet of construction paper
- pencil or pen
1) Trace your child's foot on the brown construction paper
2) Help your child cut their footprint out
3) Let your child draw a turkey face on their footprint. (You can also use colored paper to cut out a beak and use googly eyes.)
4) Let your child go crazy with the washable markers and color the ENTIRE coffee filter.
Hint: You may need to hold the coffee filter while they color it and you may want to put a protective cover on the surface your child is using.
5) Wet the coffee filter to allow the colors to run together. You can wet it 3 ways. .
1) Use a spraybottle and have your child lightly spray it a couple times
2) Use an eyedropper and let your child drop a few drops of water over each part of the coffee filter.
3) Have your child wet their hand in a cup of water and spritz the coffee filter.
*Don't drench it!! :)
6) Allow the coffee filter to dry
7) Glue the coffee filter onto the TOP of the separate paper.
8) Glue the footprint on the coffee filter so it's slightly lower.
9) Have your child draw legs on the turkey.