Here's the pros and cons of my sippy cup quest!
Nuby Gripper Sippy:
- They are contoured to make it easier for little hands to hold.
- The silicone spout is a good teether (bonus!!!).
- The silicone spout is soft on their mouths.
- They leak out of the spout! (I just bought a new set last week. . . I know stupid. . . and the suction was ridiculous). As soon as "A" tried to suck , the whole sippy part suctioned in. So my husband tried to make the air hole bigger, and well that made them leak. Needless to say, both of those cups went in the garbage!
- When you take the silicone spout out to wash, you have to rematch these ridiculous little notches. This sounds easy, but it's not. I don't know if it's my brain, but I fight and fight with them!
| || |
- Thick straw makes it easy for "A" to suck, and it works well for smoothies.
- Easy to clean.
- Like other straw sippy's, when the liquid warms up (and expands), it starts flowing out of the straw. Which in turn makes a mess.
- Keeps the liquid cold
- Stops most leaks (however, lately it's started leaking. grrr)
- The silicone stopper inside the cup has to go in one way and it's incredibly hard to see the little arrow unless you're in good light.
- Rarely leaks (if put together correctly)
- Easy to disassemble for wash (and dishwasher safe)
- Has a bite valve which really helps with leaks ("A" figured out how to bite it
at 9 months)
- Not insulated
- And. . . we found out the hard way that you shouldn't use it on a plane. (We opened it and it squirted water all over the passengers behind us!)
- Super duper expensive!!
- We got the 2 pack and "A" couldn't suck hard enough to get any liquid. I followed the directions on how to put it together and no luck. The second cup in the package didn't work either!! Back to the store they went!!!
Playtex Insulator Twist and Click:
- Insulated so the drink stays cooler longer
- Easy to suck
- Liquid comes out of the straw when it warms up, and makes a HUGE mess.
- 4 parts to wash.
(My friends have the spout versions of this cup and LOVE them)
We just recently went on a vacation with our friends who also have a 20 month old. They were using this cup so I HAD to buy it. I absolutely love it!!
- DOESN'T LEAK AT ALL!!!
- Soft silicone spout
- The silicone spout snaps back in easily after cleaning (no matching notches)
- Holds 10 oz.
- Not insulated