2) Paint the edges and back of the plaque any color. I chose black because my photo was black and white. I didn't paint the entire plaque because the picture would cover the majority of it. Allow it to dry entirely.
3) Lay down a layer of wax paper and paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the back of the photo. Then paint another thin layer of Mod Podge on the front of the wood
4) Lay the picture on the wood and smooth out with your *clean* hand.
5) Allow to dry for at least 20 minutes.
6) Paint another layer of Mod Podge over the entire front of the picture and sides of the wood. Allow to dry.